Hi Geeks, most of the people will have this doubt. In this article, I will demonstrate you how to easily upload your project in Github.
8 Steps to follow:
- Open the Command Prompt window
- Go to the project folder
Here, my project files are stored in Maths Website(Project folder)
3. After that, initiate the git by using the command git init
4. Then add git by using the command, git add .
5. After that, commit your file by using git commit -m “My first commit”
To store your project in github, you must have github account. If you doesn’t have github account, create it by using your gmail id or signing up.
6. Create new repository in github. And then enter your Repository name and description.
After that, click the Create repository button
7. Time to add your files in remote center of git, that is in github storage, to do that enter the command git remote add origin https://github.com/Meikandanathan/Maths-Website.git
Give your copied url there, don’t give my url.
8. At last push it in git by using git push -u origin master
If you not logged in github, it will ask login details, after that, all your files will be uploaded in github.
Thanks for reading my article. I hope it helps😊